A snaky uphill drive from the Bhimtal lake will take you to another dimension filled with untouched nature, fresh air, vast himalayan flora and flawless beauty. And amidst all of this, you will stumble upon a small fairytale cottage facing the lower himalayas and terraced slopes filled with assorted shades of green. A home deep in the lap of nature where in the mornings you will wake up to the melodious chirping of the birds singing in the woods with the first ray of the sun knocking your door and in the night you will gaze seamlessly into the sky of a thousand stars.
A pathway through a small well-maintained garden consisting of a heterogeneous variety of plants and flowers leads you to the front door of a cottage constructed with locally available stone and wood. Open the door and it will not take you long to discover how tastefully the interiors have been done up and how synonymous the exteriors and interiors of the cottage are. Even though the cottage is fitted with all the amenities of the modern day world, it still has that old world rustic charm to it.
A bedroom and a small hall complete with a homely seating area, a rocking chair, a fireplace, a bookshelf, stone walls and small windows with colourful linen curtains make up the ground floor of the cottage. Step upstairs and you will find another cozy bedroom, an open kitchen and a dining area with a complete glass front that offers an unobstructed breath taking 270 degree view of the valley.
And while you unwind, recharge and rejuvenate your senses, the in-house trained cook will pamper you with home-prepared meals of your choice all through the day. Eternal bliss!
What will you love?
- If you have been longing for that “do-nothing” vacation then this is it! Read that book you have wanted to catch up on, fly a kite, cycle down the lake, go fishing or just wade your hand in the water while enjoying a boat ride. When you are in bhimtal, just sit back, relax and rediscover yourself.
- Enjoy the mesmerising view of the himalayas as the sun rises slowly from behind the hills and watch birds glide across the orange sky from the dining area on the first floor while sipping in your morning tea.
- The food is something of high priority here. The cook will be at your disposal throughout the day and each meal will be prepared exclusively for you based on your preferences and taste. The barbecue and bonfire in the evening will leave you wanting for more.
- Spend some time reading a book in the garden, feel the freshness in the air, rejuvenate your senses and soak in the winter sun.
Good To Know
- The cottage is located in Bhimtal, a short uphill drive from the lake and is a little difficult to find if you are coming for the first time. In case you need assistance, you can call up the care taker who will guide you to the place.
- The cottage is located in a quiet and peaceful place close to a residential area which makes it a safe place for female travellers as well.
- If you want to head out, there is lots to do. You can try paragliding, boating, trekking to the nearby villages or you can drive down to the other nearby places such as naukuchiatal, sattal, mukteshwar etc. You can also walk down to the local market but keep in mind that public transport is scarce here and remember to carry a sturdy pair of shoes and an umbrella.
- As the food is home-cooked based on your taste, you should inform the cook well in advance about your preferences. And if you are into cooking, you can ask the cook to give you cooking classes and teach you some local recipes.
- Both rooms have king sized double-beds and ensuite bathrooms fitted with all basic amenities and 24hrs running hot and cold water.
How to reach Cottage in Hills, Bhimtal?
By Road, Bhimtal is just 300 Kms from Delhi, You can take the following route:
Delhi - Ghaziabad - Moradabad - Rampur - Haldwani - Kathgodam - Bhimtal.
Policy & Terms
Cancellations notified less than 7 days before arrival: no refund. Cancellations notified between 15 to 7 days before arrival: 50% of total amount is charged. Cancellations notified between 31 to 15 days before arrival: 25% of total amount is charged. Cancellations notified 31 days before arrival: full refund.
Check in : 12:00 PM - Check out : 12:00 PM
At the outset, I would like to thank you for arranging a wonderful vacation for myself and my family. As I had mentioned to you during one of the conversation that you indeed gave me very good stay options in Bhimtal and we had great experience in staying at the cottage but what added in my overall experience was dealing with you. I called you on your off days, after office hours, took time to give confirmations and even came up with many last minute requests but you always responded to me and that too with a workable solution which was always in my favour!. I really appreciate your behavior & approach in each conversation that we had. Generally I am not too much in favour of booking through travel companies and I book direct but from sometime I have been following Travel Pie's FB posts and I just took a chance to check travel options through you and it turned out to be an awesome experience for me. My family really enjoyed the stay at Cottage in Hills and Neelesh Inn. I had gone with my in-laws and they were overwhelmed while staying in the cottage! I am surely going to recommend Travel Pie to my friends and relatives whenever they want to plan a holiday and I've undoubtedly become your customer for future travel plans. Thanks again to you and your team for giving such great customer experience and good luck for your future endeavours. Keep up the good behaviour!
18/04/2016 9.8 / 10
We were a group of four and we were looking for a nice 02 bedroom private cottage around nainital when we stumbled upon the Cottage in hills. The cottage looks like it is fresh out of a child's storybook with a nice little garden and a view to die for. The large window on the first floor is a beautiful place to sip a tea and watch the sun go down. The cook/ caretaker Gopal was very helpful and took care of all our needs. He even organized a barb-e-cue with bonfire one evening. It was a great experience. MyTravelPie.com has helped us plan so many awesome vacations and we will keep coming back to them for more! :)
07/04/2016 9.2 / 10
The Experience :
Accomodation offered is two bedrooms with attached bathrooms , a living cum dining area, garden & parking. Highly trained housekeeper & cook are available to ensure your comfort.
Constructed with locally available stone & wood to give a simple rustic feel, this beautifully designed cottage has tastefully done interiors & modern amenities. Engulfed by beautiful winter sun & situated in simple & peaceful surroundings, one has to get accustomed to the sound of birds creating their morning ruckus on the roof.
Room Amenties :
- Courtyard view
- Extra towels/bedding
- Individually decorated
- Makeup/shaving mirror
- Welcome amenities
- Complimentary toiletries
- Individually furnished
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Sitting Area