Dreamt of living in a cottage beside a river away from the hustle bustle of city life? Parvati Kuteer seems dreamy, modest and just perfect for a peaceful getaway. It is a log hut cottage resort just 2 Kms from Kasol, promising great views of the Himalayas and a surreal experience.
The interiors of the cottage are basic and done up in wood to give your stay a wild and rustic charm. The resort also provides camping accommodation for the more adventurous souls.
Go walking along the Parvati river in the morning while the fog plays hide and seek, the cool breeze refreshes your soul and the incessant music of its fast flowing water simply puts you in a spell. Or simply sit sit in its green lawn with background music of the gushing river, chirping birds and cool breeze of deodar forest, sipping on a cup of coffee and feasting on delightful food.
Situated very close to the Kanawar Wildlife Sanctuary, you can enjoy an exciting safari making way through the deodar trees and sight an incredible variety of Himalayan flora and fauna.
Take a hike to a beautiful waterfall nearby that forms a bubbling pool under it. Though the water there is icy cold, you will find it hard to resist a dip in the pool.
You can also go on trails to near by villages and witness the local Himalayan lifestyle, meet the locals who will be happy to welcome you for a meal too. The village route is rustic but stunning, dotted with small orchards of apple, plum, peaches, pears, apricot and almonds.
Overall, Parvati Kuteer is a great place to unwind while giving you a chance to explore the culture and flavours of Kasol.
What will you love?
- The Kuteer enjoys un-interrupted views of great Himalayas. Right at the bank of the Parvati river, the cottages overlook small villages on the hill across. From the cottage you can climb down a few steps through the forest and enjoy some alone-time listening to the sound of the Parvati river.
- Cottages are placed among deodar trees amidst sheer nature with colourful flowers and Himalayan flora all around them. The small central lawn with laddered-row of flowers is a great place to soak in the sun during summers or sit by the bonfire and stargaze during winters.
- There is something for everyone: For bird watchers forest around the resort could be full of delightful surprises. For wild life enthusiast kanawar wild life sanctury is in close proximity. Trekkers can explore the mountains and passes around the valley or just trek up to Kheerganga, Malana or the nearby waterfall.
- The staff is very courteous and attentive. Abhay Tamaria (who owns the place) is very passionate about what he does and ensures a very high level of customer satisfaction. He is a new age entrepreneur who chucked his high paying MNC job and decided to use his MBA skills to work for himself, making it a place born out of passion.
Good To Know
- Parvati Kuteer is 2 kms before Kasol. Perfect if you want to have some time to yourself away from the crowded Kasol town.
- It has an amazing location, except though for the road which is loaded because of the traffic to Manikaran Saheb. The non-stop, background music of fast-moving Parvati river helps to cut all the noise and make the place sound-proof. You need to climb down a few dozen steps so if you have old people or very small kids, an extra caution is warranted.
- These are budget cottages set amidst nature. It has all the basic amenities so don’t expect any luxuries. Don’t be surprised if you spot a bug here or there. Cottages come with their own little sit-out area and one of them is a little secluded. Good for spending some quiet time.
- Kitchen is humble and very basic, and won’t even notice it since Kasol offers extremely well made international cuisine at throw-away prices. Here, one does get the standard stuff viz. Eggs made to order, Paranthas, seasonal veg curries, Rice, Chapati etc.
- Good for groups of 08 - 12 people. You can occupy the whole place. if you are a smaller group of 6 - 8 pax, you can opt for the 3 bedroom cottage. Also, if you are feeling adventurous, tented accommodation can be provided on prior request.
How to reach Parvati Kuteer, Kasol?
Parvati Kuteer is 2 Km before the mail Kasol town (30Kms from Bhuntar). At Bhuntar take the road which goes to Manikaran/Kasol. By road it is around 12-14hrs journey from Delhi.
Policy & Terms
Cancellations notified less than 7 days before arrival: no refund. Cancellations notified between 15 to 7 days before arrival: 50% of total amount is charged. Cancellations notified between 31 to 15 days before arrival: 25% of total amount is charged. Cancellations notified 31 days before arrival: full refund.
Check in : 12:00 PM - Check out : 12:00 PM
I travelled with my friends in the month of march and i must say that its the best option of accommodation as the location is not in the main town of Kasol, it gives more peace and serenity. The famous Parvati River is just 3-4 mins of downhill walk from the cottage. We stayed in 02 bedroom cottage and the rooms are lovely and basic. I have been to kasol quite a number of times and stayed in different homestays everytime out of which Parvati Cottage was the best. Aaloo Parathas and sandwiches served in the breakfast were very delicious. Thank you Travel Pie for recommending and booking Parvati Cottage for my stay. Regards, Kanika
07/04/2016 9.2 / 10
The Experience :
Room Amenties :
The Experience :
These cottage huts are a perfect private space for couples and individuals. Interiors are tastefully done in wood to give your stay a wild and rustic charm. Attached toilets are fitted with modern amenities. You can enjoy the view of majestic Parvati from your own cottage veranda. The sound of Parvati and cool breeze from deodar jungle nourishes your soul and we promise you of an unforgettable experience.
Room Amenties :
- Courtyard view
- Extra towels/bedding
- Private bathroom
- Sitting Area