Considering the fast paced lives, we all live everyday, taking a break and spending some time in solitude and peace amidst lush greenery seems like just the right thing to do. At Sukoon Homestay (aptly named), a unit of MyTravelPie.com, located near Almora, you can do just that!
Located in a small village called Jalna (Almora) away from the hustle-bustle of the city, this quaint 03 bedroom homestay is all that you need to let yourself go.
Homestays in Almora are known for their beautiful architecture and fully indulgent cuisine and manners that reflect all colours of Kumaon culture and traditions and Sukoon Homestay Almora does complete justice to this. Spread out in 3 acres of land in the Himalayas and surrounded by virgin pine, oak and rhododendron trees with seasonal fruits and vegetables, Sukoon celebrates Kumaon in its truest sense – the spirit, the architecture and the revelry. The inn breathes tranquillity and offers you the essence of authentic India: her friendliness, hospitality & serenely balanced lifestyle. The sounds of chirping birds and the silent voice of the whistling woods are a great delight which enrich your soul with new experiences.
At Sukoon, your day starts with the melodious chirping of birds while the the first rays of the sun fall onto the stone walls and slate roofs of your private cottage. Your breakfast consists of local Kumaoni Cuisine made up of fresh vegetables and fruits grown organically on the extensive organic farm and orchards.
The rest of the day is filled with soulful experiences. Take a walk through one of the near by villages, explore the local kumaoni culture, go birdwatching, head to the nearby Binsar Wildlife Sanctuary, paint, write or just laze around in the sit out area overlooking the majestic himalayan peaks such as Nanda Devi. At the end of the day you are served mouth watering food and snacks alongside a bonfire and some light music while you dazzle yourself under a starlit sky! A trained staff consisting of a caretaker and a cook caters to all your needs with utmost attention.
Sukoon Homestay is the ideal weekend getaway for couples, families as well as groups of friends looking for a place to unwind.
At Sukoon by MyTravelPie.com, you lose yourself to find yourself all over again.
What will you love?
- The old style stone and wooden architecture adds more ground to earth ingredients to the beauty of this place. The serene, simple and comforting interiors soak your soul deeper into the silence and solace giving you reasons to forget the stressful life and embrace a new and rejuvenated self. The lamps are made of inverted Hukka Chillums and hand painted by the owners themselves!
- All rooms overlook beautiful snow covered peaks of the himalayas. Wake up early sun come out from behind Himalayan peaks like Nanda Devi is a unique experience. A hot cup of coffee makes it all more worth your time and effort. End the day watching a dreamy starlit sky while you sit next to a bonfire with your loved one on a cold winter evening.
- Sukoon Homestay Almora is the best place to indulge in activities like writing, painting and photography. Pick up colours to paint out beautiful notions or simply inspire yourself from the finest scenes of the nearby natural glory. Take a walk to the nearby villages and experience the local way of living.
- Enjoy gardening inside the lush green organic gardens of this property. Lots of fruits and vegetables are grown with proper love and care as per the season and kitchen of the resorts makes good use of the organic produce to create amazing culinary delights to tingle your taste buds.
- This sophisticated place amidst the large mountains of Almora is a great heaven for those seeking to explore Binsar Wildlife Sanctuary, Simtola, Almora and Deer Park. Especially a delight for nature lovers and animal lovers, Sukoon in Almora has become the top choice among homestays in Almora.
Good To Know
- Sukoon Homestay has 03 Rooms, all overlooking the beautiful valley and peaks such as Nanda Devi and Trishul. The 02 double rooms on the ground floor are cozy and compact and share a single washroom while the Family Suite on the first floor has its own private washroom and can easily accommodate upto 04 Pax. This makes the homestay perfect for a group of friends, family or couples who want to enjoy sometime away from the chaos of city life.
- All rooms have simple interiors and comforting bed linen and blankets along with all the basic neccessities while the washrooms are kept clean and hygienic. There is a small grocery shop for your daily needs at a distance of 1.5 kms from the homestay, however, please note that there is no public transport available.
- You will be welcomed by an attentive and courteous staff. There will be a friendly caretaker and an amazing cook at your assistance throughout your stay for anything that you might need. Even though the location is remote, the food does not lag behind. You will be asked for your preferences before each meal and food will be prepared accordingly. On a cold winter night, a barbecue evening with a bonfire is always on the cards!
- If you want to head out, there is lots to do. You can try trekking to the nearby villages or you can drive down to the other nearby places such as Bhimtal, Binsar Wildlife Sanctuary or Kasar Devi. Please note that public transport is scarce here so remember to carry a sturdy pair of shoes and an umbrella.
- Nature walks in the woods are an absolute delight at this magnificent place blessed by nature. Whether it’s the smell of moist soil or the scent of blossoming flowers, the long forest trails of Almora offer unique charms that stay longer in your memories even after leaving this place. Chirping of mountain birds and scenic view of the Himalayan peaks adds a mesmerizing backdrop to your already enchanting travel experience.
How to reach Sukoon Homestay in Almora ?
The homestay is located in Jalna. A small village in the Almora District around 30 kms from the Almora city centre. To reach Sukoon Homestay, you should take the route via Bhimtal and Dhanachuli to Jalna. Please note that the last 1.5 kms to the property is a dirt road, however if you are used to driving in the mountains, it should not be a hinderance.
The nearest airport to reach Almora is Pantnagar located at a distance of 140 kms from Almora. Rest of the road journey could be done via a hired cab service.
Travelling via train is also a pocket friendly and less tiring option for those seeking comfort. Nearest railway station from Almora is Kathgodam and it lies at a distance of about 100 kms from main land of Almora.
Overall, the total road distance between national capital Delhi and Almora is around 360 kms and can be easily travelled via reserved cabs and vehicles in about 08 - 09 hours.
Policy & Terms
Cancellations notified less than 7 days before arrival: no refund. Cancellations notified between 15 to 7 days before arrival: 50% of total amount is charged. Cancellations notified between 31 to 15 days before arrival: 25% of total amount is charged. Cancellations notified 31 days before arrival: full refund.
Check in : 12:00 PM - Check out : 12:00 PM