Perched in the midst of apple and cherry orchards, overlooking snow covered white peaks at an elevation of 2000 metres and just a few minutes walk away from the main town, the Himalayan is the first truly boutique concept hotel in the whole of Manali. As soon as you enter the gates, you will be mesmerised by its Victorian Gothic Style architecture and before you know, the crowded main town will seem as far as the city you’ve left behind.
With each step forward, you will go back in time. Inside the vestibule leading to the hall and you will find restored antique furnishings complemented with medieval style wooden interiors. This is where grandeur, elegance and style have conspired to create intimacy and warmth without pretension.
A spiral victorian-style staircase will lead you from the main hall to the subterranean Dungeon Bar and the 8 supremely comfortable and spacious guest chambers. Each chamber has its own fireplace, a luxurious four-poster bed and a study desk. Large windows open up to the vistas of the himalayan range and fill up the room with light and cool himalayan breeze. All rooms have en-suite spacious marble bathrooms with shower cubicles, bathtubs, vanity mirrors and bespoke bath amenities.
Apart from the main facade that houses the chambers, there are eight aesthetically designed 02-bedroom cottages surrounding the swimming pool and the orchard garden. Each cottage is a depiction of luxury and has an attached kitchenette and a victorian roll-top bath that holds a vantage position in the dressing area.
A visit to the Himalayan will transport you to an era of extravaganza and change your vision of Manali forever.
What will you love?
- If staying at a medieval Hogwarts-like castle was what you had been longing for ever since you watched Harry Potter, this is the place for you. Elegant dark wood furnishings, high ceilings, cast iron fireplaces, intricate marble flooring - this boutique hotel in manali will transport you to a whole new world of luxury.
- Imagine a world of tall green conifers, alpine blossoms and fruit orchards, gushing waterfalls and rivulets strewn with pebbles and the imposing mountain peaks set against an azure sky - that's the sublime beauty that permeates this magical place!
- The luxurious chambers with elegant interiors complete with victorian furniture and a four poster bed and a fireplace is all that you need on a stay-put vacation in the mountains.
- You will love the service and courtesy of the well-trained staff. Everything you may need, will be taken care of with utmost importance.
Good To Know
- The Himalayan Resort and Spa is just a walk away from the famous Hadimba Temple and the old Manali Town. Yet, while you are in the resort, the only sounds you will hear will be the chirping of the birds or the sound of the wind gushing through the orchards.
- Treat yourself to mouth-watering food or sip on some scotch! The food is served at the Refectory dining room with its coffered wooden ceiling opening onto a vaulted verandah while drinks are served at the gothic-style Dungeon Bar.
- If you're traveling with children or a small family/ group of 4, you could also choose to stay in the cottages set by the poolside and garden area with sweeping panoramic views of the snow peaked mountains! Each cottage has 2 bedrooms, a dining area, a fully equipped kitchen, a lovely verandah and indulgent ensuite bathrooms where you can enjoy long scented baths in the Victorian stand-alone bath-tub!
- There’s a lot to do while you are in Manali, go for a walk through the old-Manali bazar, treat your tastebuds to sumptuous cheesecakes at one of the bakeries, take on one the many treks, go rock climbing or just laze around and soak in the sun. At the hotel itself, you can enjoy a game of tennis or croquet or chase butterflies amidst fruit orchards.
How to reach The Himalayan, Manali?
The Himalayan can be reached easily with a Driving Distance of 570 kms. from Delhi which takes around 12 hours. The distance from Chandigarh and Shimla to Manali is 310 kms and 265 kms respectively.
Regular taxis to Manali also ply from these locations.
Himachal Tourism and Himachal State Transport also run regular Luxury Volvo Buses to Manali.
Policy & Terms
Cancellations notified less than 7 days before arrival: no refund. Cancellations notified between 15 to 7 days before arrival: 50% of total amount is charged. Cancellations notified between 31 to 15 days before arrival: 25% of total amount is charged. Cancellations notified 31 days before arrival: full refund.
Check in : 12:00 PM - Check out : 12:00 PM
I went to this place with a group of friends from work and we were amazed with the facilities that The Himalayan has to offer. Its located very close to the mall road yet away from all the clutter. The hotel looks like a castle and the rooms are nice, clean and very comfortable. The swimming pool is a great add-on if you going there during summers!
07/04/2016 9.4 / 10
The Experience :
Please Note: There is an additional mandatory supllement of INR 6,000 Per Person (Payable directlyat the hotel) applicable on 31st Dec 2016. Also, the stay for 03 is mandatory from 29th Dec to 01st Jan 2017.
Room Amenties :
- Climate control
- Extra towels/bedding
- Hair dryer
- Individually decorated
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Makeup/shaving mirror
- Shower/tub combination
- Welcome amenities
- Air conditioning
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Complimentary toiletries
- Free Wi-Fi
- Handheld showerhead
- Individually furnished
- Satellite TV service
- Daily housekeeping
- Direct-dial phone
- LCD TV
- Private bathroom
- Sitting Area