Days : 2 | Nights : 1
Surrounded by the Dhauladhar ranges in Kullu Valley is a blue-water lake called Prashar. It is a well-kept secret in the Mandi district of Himachal Pradesh. The trek to Prashar Lake follows a charming trail through a forest and several rivulets. Meanwhile, one can enjoy the local culture as the trail goes through small villages as well. The trek offers a 180 degree view of the Dhauladhar, Pir Pinjal and Kinnaur mountain ranges.
Be surrounded by nature, camp in the middle of nowhere, sing songs besides the bonfire and wake up to the vistas of snow covered himalayas.
Difficulty Level: Easy
Maximum Altitude: 2584 m
Trekking Distance: 15 kms
Region: Himachal Pradesh
Assembly Point: MANDI Bus Stand
INR 2,399 /- Per Person
- This is an early bird offer. The above cost may increase soon.
- Deposit just 30% of the total amount to book your spot now.
- This cost is valid only for departures on the above dates. If you wish to customize this trip, please get in touch with us.
Mandi - Baggi Village - Parashar Lake - Baggi Village - Mandi
Departure from Mandi
Meet your co-travelers at the Mandi Bus Stand. You will be transferred from Mandi to Baggi Village.
Start your Trek to Prashar Lake
Arrive at Prashar Lake & Have Lunch
Soak in the beauty of Prashar Lake while you fill your tastebuds with mouth-watering local cuisine at DK Uncle's Dhaba.
Explore the Surroundings
Setup your tents, laze around or explore the surroundings
Enjoy a sumptous dinner with some local dishes.
Bonfire and Stargazing
Stargaze the night away while you sit next to a bonfire. Overnight in Tents.
After a delicious breakfast, you will have the opportunity to explore the immaculate surroundings and the stunning landscapes of the Prashar Lake
Trek back to Baggi Village
Once you have explored around, start your trek back to Baggi Village.
Drive from Baggi Village to Mandi
Upon reaching Baggi Village, drive back to Mandi.
What’s in the Pie ?
- 01 night accommodation in a tent at Prashar Lake
- Camping Equipments
- Local Guide for trekking to the lake
- All meals while Trekking (01 Breakfast, 01 Lunch & 01 Dinner)
- Transfers from Mandi to baggi Village and return
Why take the bite ?
- Take the Green Trail initiative. Clean up the trail for non-biodegradable trash as you go and save the environment.
- Be one with nature. Trek through the himalayas to one of the nicest spots for amateur trekkers.
- Pitch your tents near the lake and enjoy finger licking food prepared locally by your cook while you laze next to the bonfire.
Keep in Mind:
- The weather is a bit cold and you can expect light right and snowfall so carry a good pair of sturdy and comfortable shoes, an umbrella and some warm clothes.
- This is a fixed departure trip, which means that we only have a limited no of seats available and everything has been prebooked well in advance. If you are a solo traveller, you may be asked to share a room with another solo traveller. But don’t worry, everyone here is nice and always looking forward to meet other travellers. Last minute cancellations and changes will be difficult to consider.
- Once you send us a query, our travel planner will call you up or send you an email to give you some more details and your seat will be confirmed upon the receipt of some advance token amount.
- The accommodation is a budget type accommodation but comes with all the basic amenities. After all, we hope you will be spending more time in the outside that in your room.
About Parashar Lake :
Prashar Lake lies 50 km north of Mandi, Himachal Pradesh, India. Along the lake is a three storied pagoda-like temple dedicated to sage Prashar. Built in the thirteenth century, legend has it that the temple was built by a baby from a single tree. Sage Prashar is believed to have meditated here and the lake is held sacred. Snow-capped peaks surround the lake and temple and the trek to the lake provides breathtaking views of Dhauladhar, Pir Pinjal and Kinnaur mountain ranges.
A “good weather” road connects Baagi village to Prashar Lake. During winters, this road is closed because of heavy snowfall that this ridge receives. However, the presence of a road, albeit closed, ensures a painless navigation to the lake. The route is simple to follow with no steep ascents or descents. These factors combined, make this 16 kilometer trek an excellent beginner winter trek that is also quite child friendly.
About Our Getaways
We believe that there is a traveller hidden in each one of us. Someone who wants to set-off to exciting new paths, explore unknown lands, seek new companions, converse with strangers and experience culture and adventure.
All of our getaways are carefully crafted to fulfil this very alter ego.
We take care of all your travel needs like safe transportation, hygienic accommodation and meals. All of our trips are curated by us and there is never a third party involved which makes the entire trip a seamless experience. Moreover for all of our trips we appoint either a Local Guide or someone from MyTravelPie.com as your Chief Exploration Officer who travels along to ensure that everything goes as planned and all standards are met.
Need more details? Read more about us or give us a call: +91 8826915266
Policy & Terms
Cancellation charges per person
30 days or more before departure: 25% of total cost
29 - 20 days before departure: 50% of total cost
Less than 19 days before departure: 100% of total cost
If we change or cancel your holiday
We do plan the arrangements in advance. It is unlikely that we will have to make any changes to your travel arrangements.
Occasionally, we may have to make changes and we reserve the right to do so at any time. If there are any changes, we will advise you of them at the earliest possible date.
We also reserve the right under any circumstances to cancel your travel arrangements by assigning reasons to you.
If we are unable to provide the booked travel arrangements due to reasons beyond our control (e.g. bad weather):We shall first try to offer alternative dates for the tour if the tour hasn't already commenced. If the alternate arrangement does not suit you, we will refund the amount in full.
If you want to change your holiday plan
After confirmation of services, if you wish to change your travel arrangements in any way (e.g. your chosen departure date or accommodation), we will do our utmost to make these changes but it may not always be possible. Any request for changes must be in writing from the person who made the booking. All cost incurred due to amendment will be borne by you.
All booking vouchers and tickets will be provided 3 days before departure.
Days : 2 | Nights : 1
- Guides / Assistance
- Safety Equipment
- Tented Accommodation (sharing)
- All Meals during the trek
- Permits and Entry Fees
- Trek Equipment
- Transport from starting point to base camp
- Extra stay pre/post tour
- Medicines required if any
- Air/ Train Fare
- Personal Expenses and Tips
- Anything not mentioned under Inclusions